Capabilities & Strengths
Start With a Voice at the Table
7th Legacy, LLC and its subsidiaries are Native-American owned small business enterprises that were founded out of a need for meaningful conversation relating to the interaction between Tribal governments and the private sector with regard to environmental, cultural concepts, and native preference subcontracting.
- Meeting Facilitation
- Consultation Process Development
- Interest Based Negotiation
- Conflict Analysis and Conflict Management
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge Incorporated into Meetings and Documents
- State and Federal Contracting
- Set-Aside Contracting
- Anishinabek Speakers Bureau (Natural Resources, Environmental, Water Issues, Treaty Knowledge, Cultural, etc.)
- Indigenous Awareness Training
- History of Treaty Rights of Michigan Tribes Training
- Cultural Significance of the Water, Air, and the Land in Relation to Treaty Rights Training
- Environmental Reviews
- Business Development
- Economic Development
- Environmental Reviews
- Forest Management Plans
- Program Development
- Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) Development
- Grant Writing
- Work Plan Development
- Integrated Resource Management Plan Development
- Integrated Waste Management Plan Development
- Forest Management Plan Development
Environmental Management Consulting
NAICS: 541620, 541690, 541990
We recognize that Tribes play a major role with regards to natural resource and environmental management within the Great Lakes Region and many of them have Treaty-reserved rights as adjudicated by Federal Court rulings entitling them to shared management of both Inland and Great Lakes resources and affording them a legal property right in said resources.
TEK is an accumulating body of knowledge, practice, and belief, evolving by adaptive processes and handed down through generations by cultural transmission, about the relationship of living beings (human and non-human) with one another and with the environment. It encompasses the world view of indigenous people which includes ecology, spirituality, human and animal relationships, and more.
- Traditional ecological knowledge
- Spill prevention and emergency response
- Environmental reviews
- Site characterization
- Contaminant reviews
- Environmental impact studies
- Remediation and mitigation design and supervision
- Forest Management Plans
- Integrated Waste Management Plans
- Integrated Resource Management Plans
Native Preference In Hiring Practices
NAICS: 561311, 561312, 561320, 923130
The 7th Legacy, LLC’s Native Preference Group was designed to streamline the job search process for its applicants by working with employers who are actively looking to hire Native Americans. This helps the employers meet their TERO ordinance requirements and helps applicants find work on or near the reservations.
- Consultative assessment of your business needs
- Candidate recruitment
- Screening, skills assessment and qualifying of candidates
- Job matching and tracking of qualified candidates
- Retention and candidate development
- Performance and quality assurance programs
- Total commitment to customer service
NAICS: 541611, 541618, 541820, 611430
The Concepts Group’s consultation services take on many forms. We often consult on a project basis for proposed actions that may affect cultural resources of interest to Tribes. If private sector activities have the potential to affect Tribal properties or resources, all interested Tribes will be consulted early in the planning process and their concerns will be addressed to the greatest extent possible. Respect for the sovereign status of each Native American Tribal government is key to our consultation services. We liaison directly with federally recognized Tribes on a government to government basis, recognizing the sovereignty of each Tribe.
Building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with the Tribes is the cornerstone of effective consultation.
It is the goal of the consultation process to identify both the resource management concerns and the strategies for addressing them through an interactive dialogue with appropriate American Indian communities.
- Management Consultancy
- Professional Consultancy
- Tribal Consultancy
- Identifying appropriate Tribal governing bodies and individuals from whom to seek input
- Talking with appropriate Tribal officials and/or individuals and asking for their views regarding land use proposals or other pending actions that might affect traditional Tribal activities, practices, or beliefs relating to particular locations on public lands
- Treating Tribal information as a necessary factor in defining the range of acceptable public-land management options
- Creating and maintaining a permanent record to show how Tribal information was obtained and used in the decision-making process
Specializes in providing full-spectrum security services, intelligence/forensic collection, and analysis solutions. Custom-developed intelligence collection solutions, forensic hardware, and software.
- Electrical Contractors
- Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services
- Custom Computer Programming Services
- Computer Systems Design Services
- Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- Security Guards and Patrol Services
Economic & Community Resilience
NAICS: 541611, 541990, 611430
As in any community, a solid network of partnerships is needed to address the specific needs of its community members. Further exacerbating the preparedness dilemma, most Tribal nations are in remote, rural communities with few response resources readily available. This increases the chances for delayed response in a major event, leaving families to care for themselves for extended periods without assistance. As many Native communities struggle to maintain a meager existence, the resilience gap continues to widen. To address resilience gaps, a public-private sector collaborative approach was used to develop 7th Legacy, LLC’s “Economic & Community Resilience Group” for community outreach by Tribal stakeholders partnered with non-Native commercial entities.
- Find ways and means to raise capital for infrastructure investments
- Facilitate better cooperation and coordination among governments, military, security bodies, other agencies, and the private sector to reduce risk
- Increase indigenous participation and benefits
- Build sustainable communities
7th Legacy Holdings, LLC
7th Legacy Holdings, LLC is the property development arm of 7th Legacy. A variable of an area of land coincides with traditional Indian Country culture. In the Seven Generation’s philosophy of capacity for continuance into future generations, the land is a consideration in implementing sustainability and long-term planning. 7th Legacy Holdings fulfills the subsidiary’s mission to invest in real estate to enhance the success of 7th Legacy, LLC and to contribute to our cultural beliefs including sustainability.
- Commercial real estate, buying/selling
- Managing single family homes and apartments
- Long and short term property management
7th Legacy MIIJIM, d/b/a Bay Burrito Company
While much of the food world continues to rally around the concept of “local first,” MIIJIM emphasizes “Local and Native” as a dual priority. It’s a fine balance of being culturally driven, culturally aware, and culturally appropriate while also being business-focused. MIIJIM is an opportunity to magnify Native American culture and ensure jobs and foods are sustained in their communities.
Food is the ultimate connection between humans and the land, and many of these entrepreneurs are continuing their traditions, just as their ancestors have done before them.
Bay Burrito Company located at 206 St. Joseph Suite D (Front Street), Suttons Bay, MI
. Bay Burrito is expanding their current offerings to include additional locally sourced ingredients including pork (https://bayburritocompany.com/).
Monday – Saturday 11:30AM – 7PM
Sunday: 11:30AM – 3:30PM